- Newsroom & speeches
- Economic data
- Consultations & legislation
- Independent reviews
- Financial services
- International issues
- Public spending & reporting
- Taxation, work and welfare
- UK economy
- About us
The Infrastructure UK Assurance team leads commercial assurance for HM Treasury of Government’s infrastructure and PPP projects and programmes across all sectors and advises HM Treasury approval bodies and panels on them.
This assurance function may be provided in two ways:
1. In support of the HM Treasury/Major Projects Authority procedure for Integrated Assurance and Approvals contributing specialist commercial/procurement expertise to either:
a. MPA Project Assessment Reviews which are flexible assurance reviews tailored to the stage of the project.
b. The Treasury Approval Process which is invoked to coincide with the submission of a Strategic, Outline or Full Business Case.
2. Undertaking Treasury’s retained responsibility for the assurance of PFI projects using the Standardisation of PFI Contracts model and checking any derogations from required drafting. Annex B and section 2 of the Public Private Partnerships – Technical update 2010 sets out the process which must be followed for the submission of any requests for derogations sought from core drafting of PFI projects.