To support the infrastructure investment priorities identified in the National Infrastructure Plan 2011, the Autumn Statement announced a major new programme of investment in projects that will support the economy now and enhance productivity in the longer term.
In the West Midlands this includes:
- M6 managed motorway scheme between Birmingham and Manchester
- A45 Westbound Bridge (Solihull) – replacement bridge over the West Coast Main Line close from Birmingham Airport on the A45 strategic corridor into Birmingham
- Evesham Bridge Maintenance (Evesham) – rebuilding of the main bridge into Evesham from the South
- A45/46 Tollbar End improvement scheme
- A45 Corridor (Damson Parkway to M42 junction 6) diversion
Back to top